Thursday, November 11, 2010

Late Night Brains

I think I want to be a teacher, something with english or art, or Mrs Frizzle style. I really admire her. I might make up a list of the people I admire most and why. 

Alton Brown is a genius when it comes to food science and making it interesting, he's clever, funny, inventive, always learning, and isn't afraid to wear flatulent yeasty sock puppets. He's smart without being pretentious (most of the time) and knows how to have fun and be silly. 

Michio Kaku makes me want a brain full of numbers. The way he sees the world and what it can be is astounding. His knowledge of the science of what might be makes me impatient for the day when all scifi become reality. Hopefully without the robot uprisings and alien enslavement(us OR them). 

Sherlock Holmes is a high functioning sociopath and makes no apologies for it. He always knows what's going on and his rooms at baker st, the labs, books, pipe, and so on, Jealous. I want to be a disorganized genius with an encyclopedic knowledge of always the right random facts to know just what's going on. 

I'm including movies/media i really like because i do what i want! *snksnk* The phantom tollbooth is my favourite book. I love how ridiculous everything is but with a purpose and still a sense of organization/chaos depending on the page. The happy ending, the changed boy who no longer needs a magical world, the puns, OH the PUNS! Love them. The illustrations are great, the imagery fantastic, the distorted mirror of the kings to each other. 

The secret garden. Matilda. Harriet the spy. Three girl movies I love. The little princess is usually in there, but I think i love it most for the fashion, the transformed bedroom and stories of India. Also for the ending, of course. The secret garden, not the 1970's version, losing all she had and then finding a place of her own for herself and ending up for others as well. Secrets, gardens, animal friends and watching something grow by your own hands. So much the girl/boy/household/uncle=the garden it's silly, but it's still great. Of course it was/is also beautiful to watch. Matilda, classic misunderstood daughter with a special power and love of books eventually finding a family and unconditional love. Triumphing over the unpleasantness with kindness and good schemes. Special box of chocolates, shot put, javelin, and hammer throw. Harriet the spy I'm wobbly on, she had great schemes, but usually misunderstood things and ended up in trouble. I admire her friendships and how she could be so inquisitive but not harsh about it (despite the journal, there was not so much intended cruelty). I love the scene in the artist's garden. Everyone ends up learning something and how, eventually, you have to grow up and learn about consequences and to take control of your own actions in life. 

Willy Wonka. All of it. from the opening credits to the soaring elevator over the town. Every. Damn. Scene. I'm, of course, referring to the Gene Wilder version. I also find it cute how the blog it trying to tell me Wonka is a misspelling. Silly Blog.

I also like the idea of a wife more that a husband, in the gender and the role aspects. A wife I see as more of a companion and a friend. Husband seems like a trial and has a tinge of servitude. I'm not arguing these as one line definitions, just my impressions of them right now. When i think of coming home to a house where i live with my moppet headed cheerful wife and adopted child it feels like a happy scene, when I change the genders and it's a relationship born child there's a heaviness to the image. One is in the yard and there's sun and another is in a house with poor lighting, type of thing. Either way I'm done with dating sites, random dates, and hooking up. Going back to, well i was going to say "date from my friends" but i don't want to date. I've just as much interest in the others as beautiful interesting creatures i want to find more about, but i don't want to sleep with them, usually. I'm sick of being uncomfortable on dates because i know their main goal is in my pants. This isn't just impressions, this is hardcore innuendo from the get go and creeping like a creeper with creepy talk. I don't have the rampant sex drive that many others have and I'm fine with that. I dont feel the need to 'fix' it or change. I'm not always low sexdrive mode in my life and dont fear it'll leave me frigid. Just a thing i feel now, like a non issue resolve. I also dont like to be touched by strangers, so when someone, on a first date or second, touches me, or hugs, or tries to 'get all up on that' i feel like I should vomit on them to get my point across. Telling people no directly doesnt seem to work a lot of the time. Maybe I should cut back on the "balls" jokes. Apparently making "that's what she said" jokes means I want to put their genitalia in/around myself. This is not a truth. People, make a note.

FYI I typed the first few sentences, then wrote the second topic section, then went back to the first bit. higher not to end on Willy Wonka rather than 'keep your willy away from me'. But both are important parts of my brain, one is just more joyful. *imagines the opening scenes of the old candy factories in production* Man... now i want a Wonka Bar. I know it's just chocolate and Graham cracker but it's bloody delicious. I also love Iron&Wine so danged much right now. I'm going to go listen to them and sleep, maybe word vomit again if the mood strikes. Be excellent to each other.

-GGG

No comments:

Post a Comment